Body Pump 87

Last post 11-02-2013, 5:59 PM by Mariadippa. 107 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
Page 4 of 8 (108 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
  •  09-11-2013, 3:35 AM 149184 in reply to 148952

Re: Body Pump 87

michelle_0710:

One thing that caught my attention in 87 was in the chest track.  We have clearly had "The Rep Effect" hammered into us by now, with emphasis on the # of reps per class ( with proper technique).  I found it interesting to hear almost the opposite to that when Glen said  "it's quality of the movement, not the quantity", towards the later part of chest flys.    

Anyhow, that part did catch my ear, anyone else catch that?

Could it be that Glen is referring to range of the movement with "quantity", not to amount of repetitions. That would make sense.

•  09-11-2013, 4:41 AM 149185 in reply to 149179

The PPCA Free version of Crush on You is not that bad. The whole release is cool. Love track 10 Here with You - Down on the Reverse.

Glad we have something that you don't hear on the radio, makes it fresh all the time.

Love Sweet Nothing - Track Sense,  love old school BP. 

Pray one day for a 100% barbell track 8 :) 

•  09-11-2013, 7:12 AM 149186 in reply to 149185

Do you really think that point out the made up artists they use in PPCA free classes would give anyone any useful information?

Seriously, your fanatic relation with PPCA free releases makes you look a bit insane :)

•  09-11-2013, 10:18 AM 149190 in reply to 149179

kiwidude:
    By the way, does anyone miss the Propulsion Lunges from 80 and 81?  That was when they first started bringing the body weight work into track 7 in the 80's - "Fading Like A Fire" and "San Francisco".  

Those and the plyometric squats will certainly be missed in this go-around. A little jumping never hurt anybody.  

•  09-11-2013, 11:36 AM 149192 in reply to 149179

kiwidude:
    By the way, does anyone miss the Propulsion Lunges from 80 and 81?  That was when they first started bringing the body weight work into track 7 in the 80's - "Fading Like A Fire" and "San Francisco".  

Ah yes.. maybe in BodyPump 89?

It's Fading Like a Flower.. ;) 

•  09-11-2013, 2:34 PM 149194 in reply to 148764

One thing is sure track 8 will be replaced.

Can someone explain why we have this kind of noise as a track. It would be nice to have music that about 80% of our customers like instead of 8%.

If I play this track my classes will be empty after 2 weeks. Had same problem during RPM so it is experience not a guess. 

Well in a few years they can play any music they want with all the virtual classes. No instructors left to tell them the classes are empty Party!!!

•  09-11-2013, 2:34 PM 149195 in reply to 148764

Can someone explain why we have this kind of noise as a track. It would be nice to have music that about 80% of our customers like instead of 8%.

If I play this track my classes will be empty after 2 weeks. Had same problem during RPM so it is experience not a guess. 

Well in a few years they can play any music they want with all the virtual classes. No instructors left to tell them the classes are empty Party!!!

•  09-11-2013, 2:35 PM 149196 in reply to 149192

•  09-11-2013, 2:38 PM 149197 in reply to 149192

•  09-11-2013, 2:38 PM 149198 in reply to 149192

•  09-12-2013, 5:51 AM 149215 in reply to 149190

SBRnr34:

Those and the plyometric squats will certainly be missed in this go-around. A little jumping never hurt anybody.  

In my opinion, they should keep jumping out from Bodypump. You are right, little jumping never hurts, but we already have programs like Bodystep, Bodyattack and GRIT, where you jump. Why can't we keep Bodypump as Bodypump, no jumping.

•  09-12-2013, 6:45 AM 149216 in reply to 149215

tapio:
    , but we already have programs like Bodystep, Bodyattack and GRIT, where you jump. Why can't we keep Bodypump as Bodypump, no jumping.

and also in BodyCombat, BodyJam. 

•  09-12-2013, 9:30 AM 149218 in reply to 149215

tapio:
    SBRnr34:

In my opinion, they should keep jumping out from Bodypump. You are right, little jumping never hurts, but we already have programs like Bodystep, Bodyattack and GRIT, where you jump. Why can't we keep Bodypump as Bodypump, no jumping.

This feels like the re-firing of an old topic - but I agree with this.  Jumping for the most part can be done safely, but from what I have seen, never seems to go over well. 

•  09-12-2013, 11:03 AM 149220 in reply to 149218

hollowayf:
    tapio:
    SBRnr34:

This feels like the re-firing of an old topic - but I agree with this.  Jumping for the most part can be done safely, but from what I have seen, never seems to go over well. 

Yeah let's try to avoid the whole "plyometrics are ruining BodyPump" when that clearly is not the case.  

•  09-14-2013, 1:40 AM 149234 in reply to 149220

Having now taught this release for 2 weeks I think it's quite possibly one of the better overall we have had in quite a while! It's definitely the best we've had musically for ages, with most tracks being pretty good, if not exceptional, and the workout factor is simple, easy to cue and tough on the body - particularly the leg tracks.

Highlights and lowlights:

T1. Great track, good enough chore although a tiny bit over-engineered with the changes. No big challenge though, and I think it works well. 9/10

T2. When I first heard it I wasn't much of a fan but it grew on me over time. Awesome workout, and bar the little mistake at the end of the track in the notes, it's great. I like the slower tempo as well which really allows for good technique and depth through the squats. 9.5/10

T3. Along with biceps, lowlight of the release. I'm not a fan of the song, but can understand why people might like it. The chore is ridiculously difficult to learn (sets of 9, 5 and 11 - really????) and the music is way too fast to execute the flys properly, in my opinion. I will be mixing this out next week and won't use it again. 5/10

T4. Great. No challenge at all although a bit annoyed at the change in technique for the hang clean. Q: When we go back to mixing and using release 86 which technique do we use?? 9/10

T5. Awesome. 10/10

T6. Second lowlight. Terrible song and the music is too fast for the curls, at least for me. 5/10

T7. Awesome. 10/10

T8. Awesome. 10/10 

T9. Awesome. 10/10

T10. Fine. 9/10

Overall liked it very much and am really enjoying it. T7 is so hard physically and the song is just amazing! Bring it! 

Page 4 of 8 (108 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML
-->