Body Pump DVDs

Last post 06-28-2011, 3:50 PM by rob_in_london. 12 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  07-01-2009, 2:23 PM 61888

Body Pump DVDs

Where can I get some body pump dvds as there are no classes offered where i live
  •  07-01-2009, 4:33 PM 61901 in reply to 61888

Re: Body Pump DVDs

It's not clear from your profile if you are a participant or instructor.

Only instructors are entitled to buy DVD/CD sets, usually obtainable from their local agent.

P.S: I hear eBay might have some too Wink

The forum member "pipera" is not a Les Mills Instructor, though his posts, signature and profile will falsely claim otherwise.

Since he has been economical with the truth on his profile, read the real facts here.
  •  07-03-2009, 1:26 PM 62021 in reply to 61888

hi, its a shame that there are no bodypump classes in your area.

I suggest going to your local clubs and you might be suprised to find

instructors using bodypump, but under a different class title.

Regards michael

•  07-04-2009, 1:32 AM 62037 in reply to 62021

There is a similar programme like Bodypump that is sold to the general public and comes with a CD, DVD and Choreography notes. It has been around for the last 3 years. :)

They structure it in a different sequence and is choreogprahed by a rotational set of choreographers. This makes their programme unique so every release they have is different adding variety to their releases. I also know one that is sold in Australia and you can purchase this one as well. It is the opposition to Bodypump and is promoted by a well known TV celeb and is choreographed by a trainer out of Australia. I know another program out there that has just released Vol 1 and Vol 2, they have 12 tracks in their programme. They give you two spare tracks per release. Most of their releases use music from the 70's to today. They have New Order, Dobbie Brothers etc...I love their music selection for each release. :)

•  07-04-2009, 1:56 AM 62038 in reply to 62037

Don't think the REM/Instructors @ version was any secret..

Nor was Radical Fitness..you're point being?

And, in theory, and let's hope practise ( as I purchase freestyle music from them ),that you still need to be an instructor..if not, I shake my head and wonder why I bother being so conscientious

Edited 15 minutes later..shall contact Mark Howell and check he isn't forward selling a product.. shameful if he is, and strange that you promote it here Pipera..

•  07-04-2009, 3:22 AM 62041 in reply to 62038

Interesting point.  In Australia Rebel Sports sell a Pump kit, which is basically a small barbell kit. It doesn't sell an accompanying dvd.   It is just a matter of time before a freestyle Pump dvd comes out.  I would buy it for sure and I am very sure a lot of other people would as well. There probably are such dvds available, it is just a matter of time before they become readily available to the public. A lot of people would find something like that very convenient, I would for sure.
  •  07-04-2009, 3:22 AM 62042 in reply to 62038

Interesting point.  In Australia Rebel Sports sell a Pump kit, which is basically a small barbell kit. It doesn't sell an accompanying dvd.   It is just a matter of time before a freestyle Pump dvd comes out.  I would buy it for sure and I am very sure a lot of other people would as well. There probably are such dvds available, it is just a matter of time before they become readily available to the public. A lot of people would find something like that very convenient, I would for sure.Wink
  •  07-04-2009, 7:03 PM 62078 in reply to 62042

metroman:

It is just a matter of time before a freestyle Pump dvd comes out.

Any "freestyle" DVD would have to contain a section of cueing and demonstration for people new to weights, to teach them safe and effective technique before going on to actually do the exercise portion. Otherwise there would be significant risk of injury through the uninitiated lifting weights without guidance.

This is a potential (though unlikely to be exploited) niche for the Wii. A games developer could set the board up to monitor posture and balance (so correct people swaying or swinging weights about) and the controllers could be integrated into adjustable weights to ensure correct ROM and technique is observed.

metroman:
    There probably are such dvds available

Ever tried the 8-minute series? They're pretty tame, but are still reasonably useful home-use resistance training programs. No reason you couldn't do the Arms one with dumbbells, for example.

The forum member "pipera" is not a Les Mills Instructor, though his posts, signature and profile will falsely claim otherwise.

Since he has been economical with the truth on his profile, read the real facts here.
  •  07-05-2009, 2:44 AM 62088 in reply to 62038

There is another player (in the fitness industry) coming to Australia at the end of 2009 Wink they have 9 programs in development. There really should be a market place for this. In a side note, DVD/TV is changing the direction of TV vieweship in the old days you could only watch it on TV and thats it. Now we have DVD/TV the sales from that world wide is making money for the major studios in the USA. Where as in the old days when it was on TV and that was it?

•  02-18-2011, 1:27 AM 102030 in reply to 62038

@fitgirl1, I think the point was that not everyone has access to a Body Pump class...you asked "you're point being (sic)."

Body Pump is a nice idea on theory but there are hundreds of thousands of people living in areas that don't have access to classes. I have a lifetime membership to Golds Gym and we are soon moving to a more rural area where there is not a Body Pump class for miles. There should be an option for people like me. And guess what, if another program is offered on  DVD, I'm going to buy it- don't try to attack the idea just because you're not in that position. I have been doing Body Pump for years and have watched numerous people in classes use weights improperly with little or no redirection from the instructor, so I have to ask, what is the point?? You hint at the fact that there is some sort of "special belongers group" but if there's no value to this little clicke, then what is the purpose?

•  06-27-2011, 12:15 AM 112570 in reply to 102030

craigslist NYC.
  •  06-28-2011, 12:00 PM 112672 in reply to 112570

septemberboys - If you want to do a weights based exercise to music programme at home, I don't really have a problem with that. There are 1000's of exercise videos already that will give you a home work out. And I'll also agree the standard of some instructors - particularly those with no formal fitness qualifications will leave you with little more than "a monkey see monkey do"  class. So what's the difference?

The point is, it's not Les Mills and it's not Body Pump. Part of the magic, the fun and the motivation comes not just from the instructor but from the group element and the way Les Mills delivers this. If Body Pump participants tend to get board of a mix in 3  or weeks, then the longevity of a purchased exercise video must only be about 2 weeks. If you can cope with that good on you!  

•  06-28-2011, 3:50 PM 112689 in reply to 112672

How did this one get resurrected?

Anyway, what turnitup said.

Depending on the launch schedule at various gyms (there's been times where there's been as much as a fortnight between first launch and last launch) that I've almost had enough of the current release before launching it at the last places to launch...... 

View as RSS news feed in XML
-->