body combat training module

Last post 03-05-2014, 4:30 AM by millsywood. 20 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
  •  01-30-2012, 5:18 AM 127070

body combat training module

Hi everyone

I have just registered to do the body combat training module in three weeks time and although I am really excited for the challenge I am also so nervous!! I am not an instructor for any other class and have been doing body combat as a participant about 4 times a week for 18 months. I would love some advice on what to expect on the day and how to make the best of it so that I pass!! I also hope that I am fit enough as I have heard that it is pretty intense! Any advice from others who have recently completed it would be great! It is a two day module now.

Thanks so much! 

•  01-31-2012, 8:17 AM 127157 in reply to 127070

Re: body combat training module

Best thing to do is work with any certified combat instructors on technique, stand in front of a mirror and really look at how you execute every strike, block and kick in BC.

if it's the 2 day module then you should be getting your program manual and dvd release (most likely release 50) about 1-2 weeks leading up to the module. Study the program manual, study the DVD and analyse what your instructor says in the way of coaching, and when he/she says it.

Watching the DVD and practising with it at home you will need to start to remember to lead with your left leg forward and not your right. We call it the "instructor" leg forward.

•  01-31-2012, 2:30 PM 127178 in reply to 127070

I have been a participant (never an instructor for anything)  in bodycombat for about 2 years now and just did my training in January.  You will do great.  I found that I did better than some because my body was conditioned for combat and was used to the movements.  A lot of the other attendees were a little more sore. 

It was very educational and I soaked it all up.  Plus I had so much fun!!!  Take snacks to eat throughout the day because you don't get very long breaks for lunch.  Besides, you don't want to be doing combat on a full stomach anyways.  Eat throughout the day and keep your energy up, you will need it! 

Good Luck! 

•  01-31-2012, 3:26 PM 127181 in reply to 127070

Hi Annabella.

The first thing I would say is DO NOT WORRY! Big Smile The team on your module (both the trainer and the other trainees) will all be pulling for you to be successful.

You will definitely be fit enough for it from what you have said and if it helps, I was in exactly the same position as you when I did my module.

Don't be scared by the Combat challenge either - no matter what anyone else says to you. It's not that bad - and sheer adrenaline will get you through.

Make sure you come back and tell us how you got on!

Steve

•  01-31-2012, 5:05 PM 127184 in reply to 127070

You definitely have the strength and stamina to survive the two days of training.  I recommend asking the group fitness manager at your gym if you could practice the tracks you will be assigned to know, in front of him/her with the mic on you.  This way you'll also have the experience of instructing.  All this combined and you should insta-pass.

I recommend bringing two outfits and three sports bras/underwear and socks, because you don't want to sit around all day in sweaty clothes.  Also bring power bars and other light snacks to eat through the day.  The only big meal you should eat is dinner.  Don't be afraid to take some initiative either.  If there's a track that needs to be done for one reason or another, do it.  My trainer asked if I wanted to do the warmup on the morning of the 2nd day.  I had no intention at first but since she asked, I wasn't going to say no.

Lastly, have fun.  Leave your fears and anxieties at the door and treat it like an all day Combat class.  It's going to be a short weekend.  Might as well enjoy it.

•  01-31-2012, 9:14 PM 127198 in reply to 127184

Thanks to all of you for putting my mind at ease! I have been training in front of the mirror with our combat instructor at the gym who is AWESOME but really tough on technique!! Am I right in thinking you get allocated your track before the module so that you can practice it? If so that would be great as my instructor told me this wasnt the case when she completed her course (but it was 8 years ago!!) I can't wait!!!
  •  02-01-2012, 12:16 PM 127237 in reply to 127198

Hey Annabella Smile

If your doing a 2day module and youve booked on already, you should have a conformation email with the two tracks you will need to prepare for assessment that weekend however ive heard they may change due to numbers on the course so they will be confirmed when you materials get sent through the post two weeks prior to the course starting. Im in the same boat my module training is in 3weeks too Big Smile

•  02-01-2012, 12:16 PM 127238 in reply to 127198

Hey Annabella Smile

If your doing a 2day module and youve booked on already, you should have a conformation email with the two tracks you will need to prepare for assessment that weekend however ive heard they may change due to numbers on the course so they will be confirmed when you materials get sent through the post two weeks prior to the course starting. Im in the same boat my module training is in 3weeks too Big Smile

•  02-02-2012, 12:41 AM 127293 in reply to 127238

waaaay cool!!! I got my confirmation email but not the tracks? Hopefully they will arrive in the mail soon!! I am in Melbourne doing the course on Feb 18.  How about you??
  •  02-02-2012, 7:05 PM 127366 in reply to 127293

who is taking your module annabella?

Be prepared for a weekend where you will learn so much about yourself that you never knew.. you are stronger than you may think you are!!

•  02-02-2012, 9:15 PM 127369 in reply to 127366

Nathan Jones!! I think this is good??? All my instructors tell me he is brilliant! I am so excited and nervous at the same time!
  •  02-02-2012, 10:14 PM 127371 in reply to 127369

Yeah Nate is awesome.. I did my module with Sharyn Sue See and Nate last year and it was awesome.

BTW one thing they dont tell you is you wont have alot of time to eat because you will be trying to absorb all the information and putting it into practice.

If you can, you should come to his 5:45pm Thursday class at Malvern East Fitness First, it might help to prepare you?

He is pushing me to hurry up and get certified.. I have a deadline of the end of the month.. I don't think i want to know the consequences of what will happen if I don't!

But i was so nervous about it as well, but you will become like family with people from your module as your all going through this together! I LOVED my module people, everyone encouraged each other and we all still do!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

•  02-03-2012, 11:08 AM 127425 in reply to 127293

Annabella:
    waaaay cool!!! I got my confirmation email but not the tracks? Hopefully they will arrive in the mail soon!! I am in Melbourne doing the course on Feb 18.  How about you??

Ahhhh im in the UK maybe they do it differently where you are . Good Luck with your training mine isnt till 25th/26th Feb :)

•  02-03-2012, 3:25 PM 127437 in reply to 127371

Thats great information thanks Belindaai! I would love to come to his class first but have other commitments with kids etc! GRRRR!! How hard was the physical challenge? How did you feel about presenting your tracks by the time it came around to doing it on the day? Did everyone in your class pass? Did you present only two tracks? Oh wow I have lots of questions! I want to be really prepared!! Lol!
  •  02-05-2012, 8:06 PM 127515 in reply to 127437

By the time you get to day 3 everyone's more or less good to go. The trainer and everyone's energy pretty much builds you up through the past few days. The techniques and education you'll receive about combat are very helpful if you're nervous because they do hold your hand when it comes to training.

You teach 2 tracks, and only 2 tracks. They group them together so if you're assigned track 4 the next day you will teach track 5. They never assign tracks 1,9 & 10 and having say that if you're assigned track 8 you'll receive track 2 the following day.

The challenge in my opinion was the best thing all weekend. Tough, memorable and amazing because you don't go in on it alone and you will see how important everyone there is as a team.

As for everyone passing, that depends on the individual, everyone from my training passed and thats because we not only had an amazing trainer, but also because we fed off each other. If you're kind of terrified in the beginning when they tell you they're filming you when teach, don't be. You need that reinforcement when they critique your technique, that's one of the key things that helped everyone because once you saw how you looked as an instructor you can see your faults and thats how you correct them.

Hope this helps, I'm still fairly new myself at this as I was trained on 49 back in November. Just waiting to hear back about my video. (Lets hope I pass!) 

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
-->