Body Combat 56

Last post 07-10-2013, 1:32 PM by CavityCombat. 6 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  07-05-2013, 6:28 AM 148176

Body Combat 56

There's been a lot of discussion on here recently as to whether BC has lost its fun. After being pretty disappointed with the far too repetitive BC 55, I have to say that I'm really really impressed with the new release....though none of the new tracks can still match up to that Hairspray one from a while back (I forget the release)!

Keep up the great work guys! 

•  07-05-2013, 6:56 AM 148177 in reply to 148176

Re: Body Combat 56

LOVE the hairspray track!

I'm still getting used to the new release, and for the most part enjoying it  Big Smile but I have to admit that I'm not overly keen on Raise the Flag Huh?

•  07-05-2013, 7:32 AM 148178 in reply to 148177

I know a lots of you, especially newer instructors, will probably not agree but I've got to say I'm finding Body Combat rather boring these days. 

I trained on 23, taught for 3 years, had a break and have been back teaching for 2 years.  There is very little fun now, it's too static with little movement off the spot (where have all the side/forward/back/angled directions gone?), no circle or split room tracks (we still do these in Body Attack so it's not really down to room size) and just endless punching/kicking on the spot.  The only saving grace is (some) decent music.  Class attendance has dropped across all fellow instructor's classes, not just mine, and the main reason given has been boredom, especially with BC55.

I'm really thinking of dropping the programme and replacing my Combat classes with Body Attack.  That will be a shame as I used to love this class.

•  07-05-2013, 8:53 AM 148181 in reply to 148177

This track of Raise your Flag is repetitive but still is a good workout.

The Matric kicks : OMG, love this track. The challenge of this release.

•  07-09-2013, 8:54 AM 148230 in reply to 148181

56 track 6 is the only track 6 I've actually liked so far. I haven't been liking the new releases mostly because of the music, since there are only so many combos of jabs and hooks. I'm actually leaning towards Body Attack too. I think my endurance isn't high enough for me to teach it (those tuck jumps kill, and to talk while doing them!?) I think I might trade for lower impact like Body Vive (I've only taken it a handful of times but I Love it!!) but not enough gyms have it or it's only during working hours or Body Balance/Flow - I've been loving lower impact mind/body classes (even non-Les Mills yoga classes).  I feel like it'd be such a shame to drop programs though. Pump is still pretty good but the overhead squats hurt my back.
  •  07-10-2013, 8:12 AM 148250 in reply to 148230

jessw57:
    56 track 6 is the only track 6 I've actually liked so far. I haven't been liking the new releases mostly because of the music, .

Musically, I like T3, T6, T8. The remaining are meh.. 

•  07-10-2013, 1:32 PM 148260 in reply to 148250

This release for me is as good as 53, which are on par with 37 and 39, my absolute favorites.  Song wise, Raise the Flag took some time for me to get used to but now I prefer that over The Last Fight.  A few weeks ago I was saying the opposite.  All the other songs in the release are good except for T10, which I swapped for the original version.  If I'm doing something wrong, let me know.

Even though I started doing Body Combat since 46 and got trained in 50, I got my hands on older releases and I did notice big differences over the years.  Yes, the intensity of the workout has gone up and the fun might have gone down a bit.  Less kata movements, less movements around the room and more "how intense can we make this track in 3-5 minutes?"  This is probably a result of lots of negative feedback and/or D&R wanting to make it more intense for themselves at the expense of fun.  After all, their fitness levels have probably evolved since 21. 

But if you miss tracks where you can go into the crowd, make circles or split the room or whatever, what's stopping you from doing that yourself?  Just because they aren't doing it in Auckland doesn't mean you can't.  Considering this release, there is plenty of time in track 3 to gather everyone up in whatever formation you want in the 3rd round, and there is TONS of time in track 8 for the same thing.  I did that already and the participants loved it.

As for #55, it wasn't their best release.  If I want repetition I'll go to Body Pump.  Memorable tracks though were 2, 3, 5, 7, and 9.

View as RSS news feed in XML
-->