Body Pump 87

Last post 11-02-2013, 5:59 PM by Mariadippa. 107 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
Page 1 of 8 (108 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
  •  08-17-2013, 3:17 PM 148764

Body Pump 87

Wooah!!!!!!!  Body Pump 87 is the bomb!!!!!!  Back, squats, shoulders, lunges are all great and very challenging.  I don't know right now, but I think that could be the best Body Pump track ever!!!!  See me in a few weeks and I'll let you know.  
  •  08-18-2013, 9:28 PM 148773 in reply to 148764

Re: Body Pump 87

My review of BodyPump 87:

Track 1:

Similar to the last Warm Up track in that it does not follow older Track 1 formats, by mixing things up a little.  For example, the squats and lunges are separated by upper body warm up in between and there are 2 sets of biceps.  I don't think it flows well because of the change from overhand to underhand, back to overhand then underhand again. Song is not great, but there is an alternative Warm Up track, which I think has better chorey but the music is a bit flat. 

Track 2:

My favourite track of this release.  Pretty much non-stop action once you get started, with some combinations that will get your heart rate up.  Chorey sits well with the music, with a new stance called the "Wider Stance", which is even wider than the Wide Stance to hit the sides of your glutes even more.  The song is like a Deep South/Scat track with some dance beats.  Wicked adrenaline rush and you feel the difference in each stance as you move out from the Mid to Wide then to the Wider.

Track 3:

Similar to the last release, except that we start with the bar then go to plates for chest flys.  Harder than the last release because it's longer, more intense and the focus is on volume rather than power.  So expect no breaks until you hit the plates, to a Pitbull party track that will be great to teach and make it easy for you to connect with members.

Track 4:

MASSIVE back track, this one is a real heart raiser.  There are very limited dead rows and dead lifts in this track, there is a huge focus using the legs for power and the posterior chain in this one, even more so than the last few tracks.  Hang Cleans are back, but the tempo is a little different to the last release.  2 sets of 4 Clean and Presses in a row after the Hang Cleans gets that heart rate pumping at full throttle.  Wide Lifts with a new 1:1:2 tempo thrown in.  Overall very challenging and may need to advise members to start off with Chest weights for the first few times.

Track 5:

My second favourite track of this release.  Great music, the only rock piece from this release, but it's pop rock from Fall Out Boy.  Chorey is snappy and fast, similar to the last release with no bar.  It can be hard if you do it with heavier plates throughout but this is the one track that can cater to beginners to advanced members the best because a huge plate and no plate makes a big difference for dips when it is combined with kickback rows, overhead extensions and pushups.  This should be an easy crowd favourite.

Track 6:

Back to the plate option as in BodyPump 84's "Crazy", but even harder in my opinion.  There is no break except for one shoulder roll before the last set.  Hammer curls and full range and half range bicep curls will keep your arms pumped, and there is an option to use the bar.  The music is quirky and those of you who did the last BodyJam release will know the song - big band meets Scandinavian pop.  

Track 7:

Easily the toughest track in this release.  Seems like they have been listening to all the feedback about the lunge track loosing its traditional focus on lunges...this is a pure lunge track.  It starts off with one set of squats to pre fatigue the legs and then it's game on with 2 minutes plus on each leg for lunges only.  Intense because there is no break on one leg (including superslows and bottom halves) and then straight onto the other leg with no recovery.  Your glutes will be screaming, so there is either the plate or body weight option for beginners or those with injuries.  Music is a little bleah, goes with the chorey though.

Track 8:

My least favourite track in this release, the music is like a trance song, with heavy beats and quite hard to catch as some of the tempo starts in between beats or during softer parts.  There is a new innovation which will make you use more of your shoulder muscles, the scapula and the rhomboids will feel it more than in rear deltoid raises.  Chorey wise it's similar to the last release, 2 clean sets incorporating push press at the end of each set. Not a fan of the song or the chorey, but it does make you work hard.

Track 9:

The hip bridge is back, similar also to the last release with the plate option for crunches and leg extensions. Nothing too complicated but will work your lower abs if done right, and really give your hamstrings a good workout if the bridge is done with the plate to give added resistance.  Song is originally a Maroon 5 track I think, but it was a cover here.

Track 10;

A very old track from the early-mid 2000s, but familiar to all so great for cooldown and people will probably sing along.

Overall, I like it better than the last release but it still doesn't live up to 85 for me.  I would give it a 7/10.  

Hope you all enjoy it!  It makes you work hard, that's for sure.   

•  08-19-2013, 2:03 PM 148803 in reply to 148764

Not feeling most of the music. I only like a few of the songs. I will see how I feel about it after to do the workout. 
  •  08-19-2013, 8:24 PM 148809 in reply to 148803

That music for the bicep track is terrible 
  •  08-19-2013, 11:09 PM 148812 in reply to 148809

RE: Bicep track being horrible....Totally!!!!  I don't know how I'm going to make it through learning this one.  I want to shut it off after about two seconds.  Same with shoulders.  Awful music.  Love love love the lunge track.  Squat track is a favorite too.
  •  08-19-2013, 11:21 PM 148813 in reply to 148773

Oh dear Kiwidude - Hip Bridge again?  It wasn't popular in the last release, but will see how it goes down at my quarterlies before I get pre-annoyed Big Smile

The Tricep track sounds good.  Love an 'interesting' track with lots of different exercises.

•  08-20-2013, 12:21 AM 148814 in reply to 148812

The shoulders track sounds like the one we had in an awful RPM track..
  •  08-20-2013, 12:47 AM 148816 in reply to 148814

tiger75:

No, it's great track :) I have it in my current RPM mix ;)

•  08-20-2013, 5:23 PM 148830 in reply to 148816

N38208:

tiger75:

No, it's great track :)

No, it was a controversial track ;)

•  08-21-2013, 3:11 AM 148833 in reply to 148830

I agree that the shoulder track is my least favourite, both the music and how it fits with the choreography.  But you do get a good workout from it.  The bicep track has started to grow on me, and it is a welcoming change from a release with a lot of trance beats/sounds.
  •  08-21-2013, 3:25 AM 148836 in reply to 148833

Nice to see a new move in this shoulders track though :)
  •  08-27-2013, 10:50 PM 148938 in reply to 148764

Why are they wearing Reebok crossfit gear???? Oly Shoes, gloves... I've noticed some of the technical terms CF uses being mentioned on BP 86...  I am a BP instructor and CF trainer... I found really strange! Any idea????
    Filed under:
  •  08-28-2013, 7:55 AM 148942 in reply to 148773

kiwidude:

My review of BodyPump 87:

Track 1:

Similar to the last Warm Up track in that it does not follow older Track 1 formats, by mixing things up a little.  For example, the squats and lunges are separated by upper body warm up in between and there are 2 sets of biceps.  I don't think it flows well because of the change from overhand to underhand, back to overhand then underhand again. Song is not great, but there is an alternative Warm Up track, which I think has better chorey but the music is a bit flat. 

Track 2:

My favourite track of this release.  Pretty much non-stop action once you get started, with some combinations that will get your heart rate up.  Chorey sits well with the music, with a new stance called the "Wider Stance", which is even wider than the Wide Stance to hit the sides of your glutes even more.  The song is like a Deep South/Scat track with some dance beats.  Wicked adrenaline rush and you feel the difference in each stance as you move out from the Mid to Wide then to the Wider.

Track 3:

Similar to the last release, except that we start with the bar then go to plates for chest flys.  Harder than the last release because it's longer, more intense and the focus is on volume rather than power.  So expect no breaks until you hit the plates, to a Pitbull party track that will be great to teach and make it easy for you to connect with members.

Track 4:

MASSIVE back track, this one is a real heart raiser.  There are very limited dead rows and dead lifts in this track, there is a huge focus using the legs for power and the posterior chain in this one, even more so than the last few tracks.  Hang Cleans are back, but the tempo is a little different to the last release.  2 sets of 4 Clean and Presses in a row after the Hang Cleans gets that heart rate pumping at full throttle.  Wide Lifts with a new 1:1:2 tempo thrown in.  Overall very challenging and may need to advise members to start off with Chest weights for the first few times.

Track 5:

My second favourite track of this release.  Great music, the only rock piece from this release, but it's pop rock from Fall Out Boy.  Chorey is snappy and fast, similar to the last release with no bar.  It can be hard if you do it with heavier plates throughout but this is the one track that can cater to beginners to advanced members the best because a huge plate and no plate makes a big difference for dips when it is combined with kickback rows, overhead extensions and pushups.  This should be an easy crowd favourite.

Track 6:

Back to the plate option as in BodyPump 84's "Crazy", but even harder in my opinion.  There is no break except for one shoulder roll before the last set.  Hammer curls and full range and half range bicep curls will keep your arms pumped, and there is an option to use the bar.  The music is quirky and those of you who did the last BodyJam release will know the song - big band meets Scandinavian pop.  

Track 7:

Easily the toughest track in this release.  Seems like they have been listening to all the feedback about the lunge track loosing its traditional focus on lunges...this is a pure lunge track.  It starts off with one set of squats to pre fatigue the legs and then it's game on with 2 minutes plus on each leg for lunges only.  Intense because there is no break on one leg (including superslows and bottom halves) and then straight onto the other leg with no recovery.  Your glutes will be screaming, so there is either the plate or body weight option for beginners or those with injuries.  Music is a little bleah, goes with the chorey though.

Track 8:

My least favourite track in this release, the music is like a trance song, with heavy beats and quite hard to catch as some of the tempo starts in between beats or during softer parts.  There is a new innovation which will make you use more of your shoulder muscles, the scapula and the rhomboids will feel it more than in rear deltoid raises.  Chorey wise it's similar to the last release, 2 clean sets incorporating push press at the end of each set. Not a fan of the song or the chorey, but it does make you work hard.

Track 9:

The hip bridge is back, similar also to the last release with the plate option for crunches and leg extensions. Nothing too complicated but will work your lower abs if done right, and really give your hamstrings a good workout if the bridge is done with the plate to give added resistance.  Song is originally a Maroon 5 track I think, but it was a cover here.

Track 10;

A very old track from the early-mid 2000s, but familiar to all so great for cooldown and people will probably sing along.

Overall, I like it better than the last release but it still doesn't live up to 85 for me.  I would give it a 7/10.  

Hope you all enjoy it!  It makes you work hard, that's for sure.   

My only complaints: No plyometric work in the lunge track...little too "old school" if you ask me, and no pushups in the shoulder track. Those two will be gone 2 weeks after our launch!  

•  08-28-2013, 2:53 PM 148950 in reply to 148938

I didn't know those were Crossfit shoes, but I thought it was bizarre that they let that guy go on stage and on camera with the word "CROSSFIT" emblazoned across his gloves.  Same with the Crossfit shirt in the front row on the Super Saturday advertisement at the start of the DVD.  Les Mills is, in a way, competing with Crossfit.  You think they would more carefully represent themselves as LMI with LMI logos and not show off the name of another company selling structured workouts.  Not-so-subliminal messaging there... hmmm... maybe I should spend less time on my LMI workouts and more in Crossfit... there is a box down the street...

McDonald's sure doesn't allow its employees to wear Burger King uniforms on the job!

•  08-28-2013, 3:32 PM 148952 in reply to 148950

One thing that caught my attention in 87 was in the chest track.  We have clearly had "The Rep Effect" hammered into us by now, with emphasis on the # of reps per class ( with proper technique).  I found it interesting to hear almost the opposite to that when Glen said  "it's quality of the movement, not the quantity", towards the later part of chest flys.    

Anyhow, that part did catch my ear, anyone else catch that?

Page 1 of 8 (108 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML
-->