DVD or Video to do at home

Last post 01-08-2008, 9:43 AM by runorbike. 7 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  12-13-2007, 2:21 PM 19738

DVD or Video to do at home

Hi have been addicted to Body Pump for about 7 yrs. now, but having a hard time finding a class that fits my schedule.  I have one REALLY OLD VHS at home, but looking for more.  Have searched the site all over and can't find any. . . Where can I purchase this 64 that is referenced?
  •  12-13-2007, 3:04 PM 19740 in reply to 19738

Re: DVD or Video to do at home

Videos are not for sale to the general public. Only certified Les Mills instructors can buy them, and the instructors can only purchase the DVD's for the programs in which they are certified. I am a BodyPump instructor, I can only purchase BodyPump material not BodyStep, Attack, Jam etc.

You have a very popular question, a lot of people would love to get videos to do on their own, it is just not available to the general public, and probably never will be.

•  12-14-2007, 7:55 AM 19761 in reply to 19740

When I couldn't get to the gym everyday I used the Jillian Michaels DVDs, I have had quite a few others and they are my favourite.
  •  12-15-2007, 2:28 AM 19781 in reply to 19761

Have a look on YouTube. There are quite a few BP videos. While they won't be anything like the quality of the DVDs you might be able to find what you're after.

The forum member "pipera" is not a Les Mills Instructor, though his posts, signature and profile will falsely claim otherwise.

Since he has been economical with the truth on his profile, read the real facts here.
  •  12-16-2007, 4:17 AM 19811 in reply to 19781

Thanks Transcendental. Very inspiring. One of the videos was quite funny, the idiots guide to Body Pump, watch the skinny guy in purple do a clean and press its a classic.      Some of the other clips showed them doing bench presses on the floor.              The instructors in some of the clips were lifting some serious weights even the females.   I reckon you train better when there is more than one person training heavy in a class or when you have a male instructor or just a good instructor who trains heavy and with strict form.     Wish they were at my gym.
  •  12-17-2007, 3:38 AM 19858 in reply to 19811

yeah, those vids aren't exactly masterclasses! however they do give the overall feel of the tracks, so might be good enough if you're really, really desperate for a BP fix.

The forum member "pipera" is not a Les Mills Instructor, though his posts, signature and profile will falsely claim otherwise.

Since he has been economical with the truth on his profile, read the real facts here.
  •  12-31-2007, 2:52 PM 20554 in reply to 19738

I know you cant buy lesmills on dvd but is there any dvd that are for sale that are simalar to bodypump?

•  01-08-2008, 9:43 AM 21052 in reply to 20554

The Firm Series of workout tapes/DVD's are similar to bodypump. I personally believe the Firm  weight workouts are more challenging than body pump and if you purchase more than one, you can be assured that you'll get different workouts unlike body pump. With the Firm, you'll use mostly dumbells and a step. Some workouts have a bar but you can improvise. I find myself getting really bored with BP
View as RSS news feed in XML
-->