BodyBalance, better music for yoga please

Last post 04-15-2007, 3:29 AM by pipera. 10 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  03-28-2007, 9:15 AM 4570

BodyBalance, better music for yoga please

Why is the best music for Pilates and no for Yoga Salutations ? I am a yogui

Namaste

bodymain.com

Filed under:
  •  03-28-2007, 11:28 AM 4573 in reply to 4570

Re: BodyBalance, better music for yoga please

I LOVE all the BodyFlow music!!  Please keep it coming as is!
  •  03-29-2007, 5:07 PM 4617 in reply to 4570

I like the Sun Sal music, but I agree that sometimes the music is more energetic or current in later tracks. 

I wonder if the music chosen for Sun Sal. is based on the fact that you spend so much of that time talking over the music to cue the moves.  No other track has a new move every 8 counts.  Don't know, but it's a thought!

Lisa :)

•  03-29-2007, 9:23 PM 4621 in reply to 4570

My favourite Sun Salutation music is Good Night Moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDvLJC0vnss

Beautiful!!!

•  03-31-2007, 7:44 PM 4676 in reply to 4617

So far, the only Sun Sal music I haven't been wild about from Day One was release 33's "World on Fire", but maybe that's because I loved the version they used on 30's twist track.  The version on 33 was a faster paced, funkier mix, and I didn't like it as well musically. 

I wasn't a yogi before becoming a FLOW instructor, so I don't know what kind of music one would normally choose for yoga Sun Sals outside of FLOW...

Ready...Set...FLOW! Leslie L. Bull
  •  04-09-2007, 2:25 PM 5008 in reply to 4676

Outside of Balance I've never done yoga so I can't really comment, except to say that those who have more knowledge should definitely suggest songs on this site! Smile

•  04-11-2007, 8:11 PM 5127 in reply to 5008

the only Sun Sal track I ever really had a problem with was "After All" on 28 (I think it was)....there was a syncopation to the song that threw me and a lot of the members.  I'm hoping that's why LM has gone with more solid beat music since that release.  Even if some of the Sun Sals are a little "dancey"...the solid beat should keep everyone in time with the music (with great instruction, of course!)
  •  04-13-2007, 10:06 AM 5216 in reply to 4676

Leslie_Bull:

So far, the only Sun Sal music I haven't been wild about from Day One was release 33's "World on Fire",

Funny, that's my very favorite. The launch for release 33 was my first BB class, and I fell in love with it during that track. I remember thinking, "Why haven't we been doing sun sals to Sarah Mac all along? This is fabulous!" The energy and meaning in that song still get me every time.

•  04-13-2007, 10:20 AM 5218 in reply to 5216

I probably would have liked it much better if I hadn't already heard the softer version from release #30.  The hamstring track from #31 is one of the most beautiful Sarah Mac songs I've ever heard, and there is an old BODPUMP lunge track that features Sarah as the vocal.  The song is called "Silence".  

Anyhow, I'm glad that you love the Sun Sal version!  One of the best things about Les Mills music selection is the variety.  It's hard to find one song that pleases everyone, but with a wide variety, you can "Please some of the people some of the time."

Ready...Set...FLOW! Leslie L. Bull
  •  04-14-2007, 7:28 AM 5262 in reply to 5218

oh no........Sarah McLaughlin.............noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, PLEASE don't do it to me!!!!!

Once you've heard one of her songs you've heard them all....

As for Sun Sals, I love most of them

~ Best Les Mills tracklists: www.totallylesmills.com ~ Longest Les Mills forum since 2004: www.groupfitness.org ~ My Blog: www.mel.id.au ~ Seeya there!
  •  04-15-2007, 3:29 AM 5309 in reply to 5262

I agree with the above lots of good sun sals in any Bodybalance release.
View as RSS news feed in XML
-->