Armband Mic Pouches

Last post 02-10-2010, 3:51 PM by skyguyDFW. 9 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  01-08-2010, 1:59 PM 74295

Armband Mic Pouches

What kind of armband are they using in BA67? I've found some by Aeromic, but they don't appear to have a top or flap to hold the mic in the pouch, and I'm interested in one with those options .... and the ones they use seem spot on! Anybody?
  •  01-08-2010, 6:59 PM 74307 in reply to 74295

Re: Armband Mic Pouches

I am looking for an armband as well. I have found the Shure WA620 with the top on it. Also see  http://www.fitness-essentials.com/product_info.php?products_id=446 although pic isn't clear.

•  01-08-2010, 8:52 PM 74313 in reply to 74295

We used the Aeromic arm pouch which does not have a flap or top.  However, the battery pack fits very snug in the pouch so a top is not needed. The battery pack never fell out

I only used it a couple of times.  For Attack and Step, it rubbed my arms raw (literally took the skin off).  For Pump, it did not rub but in order to get it tight enough to stay up, it cut off circulation during biceps track (too much expansion - I guess)

Anyhow, I was disappointed - I really liked it otherwise.   Now I just clip battery pack to the waist of my shorts/pants - so far that is working out.  

Keep Moving - Have Fun
  •  01-08-2010, 11:23 PM 74320 in reply to 74313

Exactly the same thing happened for me bbradley.  Instructors were forced to buy an armband (to prolong the life of the 'little black box'), in one particular gym.  I also almost strangled myself a couple of times as the mic cord would fall over the front of me and as I reached my arms up and try to strangle me - one vindictive cord!  Oh, and I still have the 'burn mark' from the connection on my arm.  No more 'catwalk' modelling for me now! Big Smile

I experienced quite a bit of numbness in my fingers from using it for Pump, particularly in the Biceps track.

•  01-09-2010, 10:22 PM 74366 in reply to 74313

I realized after I typed this, that I had an armband designed for my iPhone, and it turns out the battery pack fit quite nicely. I used it today as a test project in BA, and it didn't rub me raw in any way whatsoever. I was a bit sceptical about the whole armband thing having read both your posts, but it actually turned out like I'd hoped, and will use it again in the future.

If you're interested in the model armband I'm using, I can find out and post it here. But it sounds like the armband idea as a whole doesn't work for either of you. Either way, thank you for your responses =)

•  01-10-2010, 2:57 AM 74378 in reply to 74366

For years I have always used the regular Aeromic waist style belt and always said I wold never be caught dead in the arm band style.  After last round of launches and I saw that the Nike style bands they were wearing in the DVD were the same as my iPod holder I decided to give it a go (yes... i know monkey see monkey do) and now use it permanently!  Unless of course I need to match one of my round the waist belts matches with my outfit then of course I would wear that one.

:)

•  01-10-2010, 10:56 AM 74388 in reply to 74378

fitnessfirstmarion:

For years I have always used the regular Aeromic waist style belt and always said I wold never be caught dead in the arm band style.  After last round of launches and I saw that the Nike style bands they were wearing in the DVD were the same as my iPod holder I decided to give it a go (yes... i know monkey see monkey do) and now use it permanently!  Unless of course I need to match one of my round the waist belts matches with my outfit then of course I would wear that one.

:)

Would you happen to know the model Nike armband you're using? Or could you find it searching Google and maybe post a link? I'm curious to see it. Thanks! 

•  01-13-2010, 6:13 AM 74596 in reply to 74388

I use the Aeromic armband mic pouch for teaching Attack, and I find it really comfortable! The reason I don't like my waist belt for Attack is that it annoys me jumping up and down! I use the waist one for Pump though , as others have mentioned, it's not really practical for the Biceps track!

You can get the Aeromic armband from Sound Dynamics if you're in the UK . 

Live each day like it was your last...
  •  01-13-2010, 7:07 PM 74631 in reply to 74596

http://img510.imageshack.us/i/nikearmbandkr5.jpg/

Here is a piccy of the Nike one I use - will obviouslhy depend on the size of your battery pack but the Fitness First ones tend to be a v snug fit and hold everything in!

Good luck!

•  02-10-2010, 3:51 PM 76841 in reply to 74631

nice pic fitnessfirstmarion....

we use the wireless headsets.. and I HATE THEM!!!!!!! cause there are so many instructors that the band that actually you can stretch or shorten to fit your head.... usually ends up snapping/breaking. so you get to track 2 in BA or maybe 3 and that headset is all over the place including my neck! hehehe!

View as RSS news feed in XML
-->