Group Exercise Leaders (GEL) Course

Last post 02-20-2010, 7:48 PM by yunadax. 3 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  02-16-2010, 4:31 AM 77259

Group Exercise Leaders (GEL) Course

Hi ,I would like to take the GEL course. Could someone let me know as to whats the structure of this course.What is required for this course and how to train for this course. I am intending to take the course on 4th March. How do I train for this.

•  02-16-2010, 11:58 PM 77319 in reply to 77259

Re: Group Exercise Leaders (GEL) Course

I'm in the middle of my GEL course at the moment, its bascially a theory course on how to 'instruct' Les Mills programs. They send you a workbook to read through, and in conjuction with your module training fill it out. You submit it at the same time as your class video.

Certified RPM Instructor, about to do my CX-30 training. Keen Combat and Balance participant, currently studying Cert III in Fitness. Ride it like you stole it!
  •  02-17-2010, 2:28 AM 77333 in reply to 77319

Thanks for your reply....

Well i heard there is a written exam as i assume you have to present a track choerograhed by you. 

In the GEL course do they give you a run through the differnt lesmills program or a specific one that you opt for like BP.Is there an online site where i can get more info abt the GEL course

I am intrested in training to become a BP instructor and later on a RPM instuctor.

All the best for ur GEL couse. 

•  02-20-2010, 7:48 PM 77629 in reply to 77333

First up I'd contact the Les Mills office in your country/region and discuss it with them as the training may differ slightly from country to country.

Here in Australia I had to nominate a program (I chose RPM), and they sent me out the GEL workbook to read through, I then did my program training (IE learnt how to teach RPM). From here I team teach and work with a mentor at the gym who has endorsed me before I do a video of me teaching an entire class (you must teach either the current release or the previous 1 release for your program), in my case my video will be doing the current release of RPM46. You submit your completed GEL workbook at the same time, and depending on your results, you either pass as a Les Mills Instructor, or have to resubmit. 

Hope that makes sense, but contact your nearest Les Mills office/agent to get the full details.

Certified RPM Instructor, about to do my CX-30 training. Keen Combat and Balance participant, currently studying Cert III in Fitness. Ride it like you stole it!
View as RSS news feed in XML
-->