Are you ready to inspire and motivate people to change their lives? Whether you’ve been teaching for years, or you're just starting your journey, we’ll give you everything you need for a successful career as a Les Mills License Instructor.
Instructor licensing and training program.
ONLINE INITIAL TRAINING OVERVIEW
- Train as an instructor in any of our programs-the choice is yours
- The 2-day online course is usually run over a Friday and Saturday through Zoom (about 8 hours each day with breaks in between)
- You’ll receive comprehensive training materials, including music, choreography and program handbook
- You will also be allocated a track from the latest release, which you will need to film prior to the training and submit to the trainer, along with a few program specific exercises for feedback on technique
- World class trainers take you though the training step by step
- By the end of the weekend, you’ll learn how to safely and effectively teach the Les Mills program of your choice
- Your next step is to submit a video teaching the track that was allocated to you, to determine your outcome from the Initial Module Training
- If you fulfil the criteria you will receive a ‘Pass’ outcome. We expect great things from our instructors, so to demonstrate your skills are up to scratch, you will also need to submit an assessment video of the full class within 60 days of completing the training
- On the occasion that you receive a ‘Pass Pending’ outcome, don’t worry. You just need a little more time to work on your feedback. For the next two weeks, practice your one track and submit the video on your account on the instructor portal
- All certifications must be completed within six months of you attending training
Ready to book?
WHEN AND WHERE IS TRAINING?
Online Initial Training is run on Zoom platform across two days.
We run these events throughout the year, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Our Initial module training is facilitated online by the Les Mills National Trainers based in Dubai. Because the training and assessment are done online you can literally do it from anywhere in the world. The training cost is AED 1000 (approx. INR 21000) and includes your certification assessment and three months of free instructor licensing so you can build your business. Thereafter you’ll only have to pay your monthly instructor licensing, and you’ll get all your ongoing quarterly music and education included in that price.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT TRAINING
Designed to fit different learning styles, your course will include lectures, group discussions, practical workout sessions and teaching practice.
- Class structure and benefits
- How to interpret, understand and learn choreography
- How to perform and evaluate correct exercise technique
- Why exercises are executed in a particular way
- How to coach the class so that it is both safe and inspirational
- How to create a memorable, fun and effective workout experience
The group normally includes between 4 and 16 people.
How to prepare
- We recommend you attend plenty of Les Mills classes before attending your training, so you're well prepared
- You’ll receive your training materials - including a video of the release you're going to learn, about 10 days before your training starts
- You’ll be given one track to learn and you need to practice it until you are able to present it with just the music playing without looking at your notes
- We recommend you set aside a few hours to learn the choreography and practice the release.
What are the fitness requirements?
- Your training will be physically and mentally challenging, involving practical and theoretical components
- It's designed for participants who are experienced in fitness classes, in good mental health and physically fit
- If you’re unsure about your fitness level, consult your doctor before registering – please don’t put yourself at risk.
What should I bring with me?
- Stable internet connection
- Your Instructor Handbook
- Choreography notes and music
- Relevant equipment (for equipment-based programs)
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ONLINE INITIAL TRAINING?
After you’ve successfully completed your two days of training, you must submit a video of yourself teaching a full class. You’ll have eight weeks to prepare and submit your video. You also have the option to be assessed online by one of our assessors in a live assessment.
We recommend you spend as much time as possible shadow-teaching with existing instructors to prepare for your video submission.
To pass, you’ll need to show competency in:
More information on how to present a successful video will be provided at your training.
ONGOING SUPPORT FROM LES MILLS
We create the world’s best training programs and develop the world’s best instructors to teach them.
Your journey as a Les Mills Licensed Instructor has no limits, we'll support you with research, on-going education, marketing and promotional assets to promote you and your business, new workouts & music every three months.
You get to share great music and cutting-edge science that helps people fall in love with fitness anytime, anywhere.
You also become part of our team of over 140,000 certified instructors in 100 countries around the world.
We are continually evolving and innovating, as we shape the future of fitness.
Ready to start your journey with us?
We want to be upfront and avoid surprises down the line, so here’s the bottom line on what’s required to become certified and stay certified:
- You must attend 100% of your Initial Training – no exceptions
- You’ll need access to a computer and a stable internet connection to be able to download your training materials and attend the training online.
- Are you pregnant? Please read our Pregnancy Disclaimer before booking your training
- Our cancellation policy is set out in our Purchase Terms which is available to read as you go through the booking process.
- If you are unsure about the level of your fitness for any reason, including injury, sickness or pregnancy, you should consult your medical adviser before registering for the training and should not participate if your health or ability to exercise is at risk.
- If reasonably requested by us, you agree to provide us with clearance from a licensed medical professional. If you are not able to provide such clearance - or if it otherwise reasonably appears to us at any time that your health might be at risk - we reserve the right to ask you to leave training (and your assessment video will not be accepted). If this happens, there will be no refund for the price paid for the training. However, at our discretion, we may transfer your training to another date or program.
- Attending Initial Training does not guarantee certification. You’ll also need to submit an assessment video within 60 days, and receive a ‘PASS’ for both your training and your video to complete your certification and be able to teach our classes.
- You are required to have a minimum of four visible participants in your assessment video