Last updated 23 June 2023
Les Mills is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
WHO ARE WE
This website or our app (the “site”) is controlled by Les Mills International Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”).
While our instructor and club portals and Les Mills Connect are ultimately controlled by us, the day to day operation of these portals is carried out by the following Les Mills companies in your territory. Les Mills UK Fitness Limited operates the UK Les Mills Connect and instructor and club portals, Les Mills United States Trading Inc., operates the US Les Mills Connect and instructor and club portals and Les Mills Nordic AB operates the Nordic Les Mills Connect and instructor and club portals. We, along with the relevant Les Mills Company in your territory (if you are using our instructor or club portals), are controllers i.e., responsible for the processing of your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us when you browse or use the site, correspond with us by phone, SMS, email, social media or otherwise. It includes information you provide when:
- you register to use our site;
- subscribe to our service;
- search for a product;
- place an order on our site;
- participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site;
- enter a competition;
- when you report a problem with our site.
- when you call us or we call you, which we may record with your consent.
The information you give us includes your name, address, location, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs, videos, images or comments.
If you are an Instructor, we will collect additional information about you in relation to your role including details of the classes and clubs you are affiliated with, purchasing history, payment information, event/training attendance, certification information and hours worked.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, anonymised location data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full URL, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages or products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources
Other Les Mills websites: We will receive information about you if you use any of the other websites operated by Les Mills Companies or the other services the Les Mills Companies provide.
Third parties: We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, authorised distributors, health and/or fitness clubs or any other organization that Les Mills has licensed to conduct Les Mills programs (“Licensed Clubs”), sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, advertisers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, third parties that enable sign on functionality and social network integration) and will receive information about you from them.
Social Media: If you connect with us via certain social media platforms, or you choose to use features on this site or the websites of other Les Mills Companies that connect to your online profiles or social media accounts (“Social Media Accounts”), we will collect any information that you permit through your settings on those Social Media Accounts. For example, if you log in to our site using your Facebook account and you have allowed Facebook to share your profile information with us, we may collect that information. Information we receive from your Social Media Accounts will include email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, interests, number of connections, occupation, posts or other social activity. The information that your social media platform may provide to us via your Social Media Account may change from time to time. Please review your Social Media Account privacy settings to control what information is shared with us.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Whenever possible, we anonymise the data so that it cannot be connected to any individual person.
Information you give to us (including through Social Media Accounts)
We will use this information to:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- respond to your queries;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- where lawful to do so, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to allow you to share information on our site on third party social media platforms;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to tailor your experience on the site;
- for data analysis, testing, research, statistical, editorial, feedback and survey purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to provide (or permit third parties to provide) targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies Notice below);
- To track the progress and number of entries in competitions and promotions.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
For some of the purposes for which we use personal data (see above), we will engage a third party. If such third party needs access to personal data to carry out its task, we will share the data with them, we will ensure that the third party will only use the data based on our instructions. Such a party is a processor on our behalf and we remain responsible for your data. We will engage the following processors:
- Companies that provide services to us (including Les Mills Companies); and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Other Third Parties
We will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations (e.g., by informing you under this policy), share your personal information with:
- Les Mills Companies;
- the following selected third parties:
o business partners, authorised distributors, suppliers, service providers, Les Mills licensed clubs and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
o business partners, authorised distributors, suppliers, service providers, Les Mills licensed clubs and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers, or for any of the other purposes described the “How your information will be used” section above;
o advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertising to you and others. Except as stated in the bullet point directly below, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their ad on any given day). We will also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women within a certain postcode). We will make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertising to that target audience;
o social media or other similar platforms so that we can serve relevant content to you via that platform. For example, we may share your email address with Facebook so that we can include you within a custom audience that we (or a third party on our behalf) will serve content to on Facebook, or we may create an audience of other Facebook users based on the information in your Facebook profile;
o credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Disclosure under certain circumstances
We will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the Les Mills Company that controls this site or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- Where you have otherwise consented that we may do so.
LES MILLS INSTRUCTORS
Additional purposes for which Instructor’s personal information will be used
We (or Licensed Clubs) may give Instructors the option to share their personal information with Licensed Clubs via our club portal (“Club Portal”) or Les Mills Connect. Where Instructors agree to share their personal information via the Club Portal or Les Mills Connect, Licensed Clubs will be able to access, process and use that personal information to: (i) facilitate and maintain the relationship between the Licensed Club and Instructor; (ii) purchase Les Mills releases on behalf of nominated Instructors; (iii) purchase event tickets on behalf of nominated Instructors; (iv) contact, or respond to contact requests by, Instructors who are seeking Licensed Clubs to be affiliated with; and (v) for other purposes as legally required or lawfully permitted from time to time.
If you are an Instructor, we will also use information that you provide us, we collect about you or we receive from other sources for the following purposes:
- the review, management and administration of all aspects of your role (including performance, assessment and payment) as an instructor (including providing you with access to the Les Mills instructor portal (“Instructor Portal”), access to Les Mills Connect and information about training, assessment, certification, events and the supply of Les Mills releases);
- providing information about your certification, continuing education, assessment and training to your Licensed Club(s);
- ensuring that the Licensed Club(s) you are affiliated with are complying with their obligations to us;
- ensuring that you are complying with the terms of your Instructor Agreement, the Instructor Portal and Les Mills Connect and for any legal proceedings arising in relation to the same;
- the management and monitoring of the performance of group fitness (including Instructor performance) at Licensed Clubs and analysing trends in group fitness performance in the fitness industry.
Additional disclosure of Instructor’s personal information
- If you are an Instructor, we will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations (e.g., by informing you under this policy), publish your name in newsletters and on our websites in relation to your role as an Instructor.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Individuals (especially within the European Economic Area, or “EEA”) should be aware that we and other third party recipients of their personal information, such as the Les Mills Companies or our service providers will not be located within your jurisdiction or within the EEA. Steps will be taken to protect your personal information in that instance consistent with applicable law.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on the secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may be able to log in to our site using social sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
This site, our newsletters and other communications will from time to time contain links and/or banners that take you to other websites. We are not responsible for the reliability of the content or privacy practices of such other websites
We may provide you with chat features, instant messaging, message boards, community forums and/or news groups through the site or otherwise. Please remember that any information that you disclose in public areas of the site will become public information, and be accessible to the public. We do not intend (but reserve the right) to monitor, moderate or screen the contents of user postings. We bear no responsibility for any such content and you should be cautious when considering whether to disclose your personal information in the on the site through public or private forums.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and the site and any associated apps are not targeted to children under the age of 13. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to certain personal data that we hold about you including any information we have shared to our Les Mills Companies or third parties and/or processors, subject to certain conditions and limited exceptions set out in relevant data privacy laws.
If you wish to do so, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must provide us with accurate information. If any of your details change, please inform us and we will update your personal information in line with our obligations under the relevant laws.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We also allow you to request that we erase the personal data that we hold about you or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to submit an erasure request, click here.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Some pages of the site and our e-mails will contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behaviour over time, for example, to count users who have visited certain web pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.
If you download an app to receive the services in respect of this site, we will also (where you agree that we may do so) collect geo-location data in relation to the device that you are using.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN VERSIONS