You know that your workout needs a good hit of cardio to complement all your strength training. The trick is finding something that delivers what you need and keeps you engaged. Cardio doesn’t have to mean a long solo slog on the treadmill. If you want something that will challenge you and get your heart racing then indoor cycling is a great option.
Workouts like RPM can deliver an impressive cardio workout in a short space of time. A fast paced group cycling class is an excellent option to add variety to your routine. It’s easy to get started, just turn up, take a seat and get your legs pumping.
Still not convinced that indoor cycling will deliver what you need? Consider this:
- In just 45 minutes you can burn up to 620 calories
- Lycra and cycling shoes are not required. Your normal gym gear and running shoes are all you need to get started
- Cycling workouts are set to motivating music. You can enjoy the buzz and extra energy it delivers. You feel like you’ve had a high energy workout, without the need to worry about your dance moves and what your arms and legs are doing
- It’s a personal challenge, you control the resistance on your bike and can steadily increase the intensity with each class you take
- You ride as ‘a pack’ and even though you set your own pace it always feels like you are part of a team
- The group atmosphere is highly motivating, pushing you harder than a solo effort
- Cycling workouts mix up hill climbs, time trials, flat riding and interval training – this variety is great for your cardio fitness
- The variety of riding styles also keeps you mentally engaged, there’s no chance of switching off when the pace keeps changing
- You can build up your endurance and improve your cardio fitness
- The bike is supplied and can be adjusted to suit you, there’s no need to spend a fortune on technical equipment
- Simply turn up, get comfortable on your bike and sweat it out. One piece of equipment, no complicated routines – just a rapid fire workout that gets you results fast.
If you want more health and fitness inspiration simply sign up to Fit Planet and get the freshest insights and advice straight to your inbox.