When it comes to festive indulgences Diana’s Bliss Bites are quite simply unbeatable. These delicious sweet treats tick all of the boxes. They’re gluten free, dairy free, raw, vegetarian and vegan. And to top it off, they’re super easy to whip up. So there’s no excuse not to give them a go.
Diana’s Bliss Bites
- 8 pitted dates, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 handful of shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons of linseed/flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of LSA mix
- Put all the ingredients (except the coconut) into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth
- Roll the mixture into balls (it should make around 8 small balls) and then roll in the coconut
- Place in the fridge for at least of 20 minutes before eating.
Fancy some added intensity? Diana suggests adding 1/4 cup of dark chocolate to the mix (but, this means the mix will no longer be dairy free).
As a Les Mills Creative Director and Co-Program Director for BODYBALANCE™, Diana Archer-Mills is responsible for the choreography creation, presentation and program development of Les Mills’ popular yoga and Pilates-inspired mind/body program. Of course that’s not all Diana is famous for. On top of being an inspiring and motivational fitness professional, Diana is a devoted mother and one mean cook!
To find out more about our philosophy on nutrition, check out our Nutrition 101 articles.
If you want more health and fitness inspiration simply sign up to Fit Planet and get the freshest insights and advice straight to your inbox.