Nina Dobrev for Reebok and LES MILLS
LES MILLS GRIT 4‑week training program
WEEK 2 WORKOUT MOVE: SWITCH CLIMBER
- Start in plank position with your arms straight and directly beneath your shoulders
- Keep your body straight and brace your core
- Jump your left foot to the outside of your left hand
- As you jump your left foot back to plank position, jump your right foot outside of your right hand
- Switch from side to side keeping your butt down
Show us how many Switch Climbers you can do in 1 minute (1 leg = 1 rep).
- Take a video of yourself doing the Switch Climbers or download this tile once you've done it.
- Post it to Instagram with how many reps you did.
- Tag: @nina, @lesmillstribe and #LIKENINA
Mastering this move will get you on track to doing Nina's workout and we want to see how you are getting on.
TOP TIP: START WITH A PLANK
An alternative to doing the Switch Climber is to hold in plank position for as long as you can. Once you've got that, try drawing your right knee in to your right elbow without your foot touching the ground. Then draw your left knee in to your left elbow. Try this a few times before advancing on to the Switch Climber.
WEEK 2 QUICK HIIT WORKOUT: TABATA WITH SWITCH CLIMBER
- 20 secs of Switch Climbers
- 10 secs rest
- 20 secs of High Knees
- 10 sec rest
- 20 secs of Mountain Climbers
- 10 secs rest
Repeat 3 times
To help you get prepared for Nina's workout, the LES MILLS team have put together these quick high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts.
WHAT IS TABATA?
Tabata is short blocks of work that challenge your body to its highest level followed by short recovery periods.
GET YOUR QUICK HIIT
Once you've watched the video and are ready to try out this week's Tabata workout with Switch Climbers, hit the button below and wait for the 5-second countdown!