How good would it be if that same enthusiasm and determination we see from club members in January and September could continue for the whole year. Think what could be achieved?
We know people come to Les Mills classes for results and motivation and it's THE INSTRUCTOR that makes the difference. But just as class participants need motivating to do their best, who motivates your Instructors to do their best? What does "being the best you can be" actually entail?
One thing that we do see with all Les Mills Instructors, is their inherent belief in wanting to get more people moving, to increase their participant’s self-esteem, to change how people look at exercise and group fitness, and ultimately make millions healthier - literally change the world!
One of the key things we need to achieve on our mission to create a fitter planet is to be known for the world’s best instructors. That means certified, conscientious Instructors with an obsessive pursuit of excellence.
And ask your Instructors:
- When did you last self-evaluate using video or peer review? What have you done about it?
- How many new people have you actively gone out and recruited to your class? How many can you get this week?
- How much of the quarterly education have you actively applied and/or reviewed? What could you add for the next class you teach?
- Are you always fully prepared for launch with an understanding of the unique details of each new release or do you simply want to be the first to teach it and so only learn the basic choreography?
- What can you learn from fellow instructors that would make you better? How can you apply it in practice?
So what is Les Mills doing to support Instructors to answer some of those questions?
The answer lies in AIM training. Some concepts and tools that we work on with trainers and which we've now incorporated into AIM are:
- being truly authentic & creating a memorable experience every class
- teaching to what we see vs what we automatically say
- advanced coaching skills
- consideration of personality types and how that changes how we should coach
- self-awareness of our own teaching style and personality
- Performance and connection – THAT’S THE MAGIC!
After completing both AIM 1 and AIM 2 instructors can choose to reach for awarded Elite status following a DVD submission. The goal is to be the very best instructor they can be. The next step is to become a TRIBE COACH with the goal to help, mentor, support other instructors on their pursuit to be the best they can be. How good would it be to have a Tribe Coach in your club, supporting and encouraging all your Instructors to deliver the best experience to your members?
Attending an AIM courses will give your instructors the tools needed to inspire others and is now a compulsory part of every new Les Mills instructor’s journey.
CLICK HERE to book AIM training for your instructors now.