Members are looking for more flexibility in their membership to fit in with their busy lifestyles and clubs are recognising they need to enhance their current club group fitness offering to suit their member’s needs.
Group exercise still proves to have a big influence in members' decisions around their club:
- 5 OUT OF 10 MEMBERS state that the number of group classes (both live and virtual) their gym offers has influenced their decision to join the gym
- 3 OUT OF 10 MEMBERS state that the virtual classes offered by their gym has influenced their decision to join it
- 4 OUT OF 10 MEMBERS find having high quality virtual classes available in their gym a reason to continue their membership.
The right virtual offering can;
- Offer members highly motivating and effective workouts at anytime
- Maximise your studio space in off-peak times
- Drive acquisition and retention by giving members more flexibility to work out
- Offer an attractive way for newcomers to engage in group fitness and build confidence to join a live class
- Provide a tool for experienced members to vary or complement their routine
- Future-proof instructor dependency by creating an alternative back-up solution.
Virtual support can complement your current group fitness timetable and enhance what you are able to offer. Members enjoy a mix of Live and Virtual classes.
- 75% of virtual users attend live classes, compared to only 36% of those that don’t attend virtual classes.
Virtual demographics are also interesting;
- 29% of virtual users are male, showing an increase in male users since 2014.
- More than 30% of the virtual users are millennials, which is the growing segment most clubs are looking to find a solution for.
Is it time to evaluate the group fitness opportunities at your site?
Les Mills can help you to succeed with virtual. We can help get you get set up, train your teams, help you design the right timetable for you and give on-going support to maximise your timetable appeal. We also have all the marketing assets you will need to launch well.
There are also technology providers on hand to provide the necessary technical support and training.