Release date: 17 September, 2013
The freshest innovation from global group fitness provider, Les Mills, is LES MILLS™ Virtual, a video-based offering that enables facilities to maximize pulling power and deliver sought-after group fitness workouts outside of peak times, whenever there’s demand.
Using a big screen and wall-to-wall sound system these virtual workouts feature the choreography and chart topping hits for which LES MILLS™ programs are famed. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. The coaching is delivered by world leading international instructors hand-picked from across the globe.
The premium content is filmed at Les Mills’ base in Auckland, New Zealand and packs the choreography, music and instruction from live classes into an impactful and motivating on-screen version.
By taking group fitness on-screen, LES MILLS Virtual eliminates issues of wasted studio space outside of peak times. It allows a facility to affordably extend its group fitness schedule through a full twenty four hour cycle.
Les Mills CEO Phillip Mills highlights how Les Mills is driven to create a fitter planet and how the provision of a virtual offer just made sense.
“For 33 years Les Mills has pursued the perfection of group fitness workouts. Every year we invest millions filming those workouts in a way that will inspire the 100,000 instructors teaching them. We are now able to offer the magic of that filming experience to club members,” he says.
“For the 15,000 clubs that currently offer Les Mills group fitness, LES MILLS Virtual can boost class capacity, extend group fitness scheduling into off peak times and allow members to get a group fitness fix whenever they want it. And for the thousands of facilities not currently in a position to offer live LES MILLS classes it will provide a cost efficient entry into the category while delivering the retention and acquisition benefits that top quality group fitness is renowned for,” he adds.
The virtual workouts are not only for seasoned fitness goers. On top of satisfying Les Mills enthusiasts who can’t always make it to live classes, LES MILLS™ Virtual can also attract more people into the studio by enabling newcomers to get comfortable with a program before undertaking a class in a live group setting.
“For the uninitiated, group fitness can seem daunting, but with LES MILLS Virtual new members can try out a class and build confidence with the moves before walking into a live situation,” says Mills.
LES MILLS Virtual covers the three important exercise types: strength/core strength, cardio and flexibility by offering: BODYBALANCE™/BODYFLOW®, BODYCOMBAT™, BODYPUMP™, CXWORX™ and SH'BAM™. Each class is delivered using an in-club AV system on a robust technology platform. Facilities can choose to pre-schedule a timetable of virtual classes or adopt technology that allows members to run on demand classes. Those facilities that already have the Wexer or Fitness on Demand technology platform will find LES MILLS Virtual classes can be seamlessly added to their timetable immediately.
The following LES MILLS programs are available as LES MILLS Virtual workouts:
- BODYPUMP is the original barbell class that challenges all major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for – and fast!
- BODYBALANCE/BODYFLOW is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that leaves you feeling centered and calm. (For trademark reasons, BODYBALANCE™ is known as BODYFLOW™ in the USA)
- BODYCOMBAT is the empowering martial arts inspired cardio workout that draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai. Supported by driving music and powerful role model instructors, you’ll strike, punch, kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness.
- CXWORX is the 30 minute personal-training inspired core class designed to tighten and tone the abs, glutes, back, obliques and “slings” connecting the upper and lower body, improve functional strength and assist in injury prevention like nothing else.
- SH’BAM is the ultimate fun and sociable way to exercise. Featuring chart-topping popular hits and simple but seriously hot dance moves, SH’BAM™ is the perfect way to shape up and let out your inner star – even if you’re dance challenged.
About Les Mills International
Les Mills International Limited is the creator of 13 global group fitness and team training programs, including BODYPUMP™ (weights),BODYCOMBAT™ (martial arts), RPM™ (indoor cycling), LES MILLS GRIT™ (30-minute high intensity interval training) and the BORN TO MOVE™ series of movement to music for toddlers through to teens. Millions of participants every week build their fitness in a LES MILLS class. Independent research shows that those attending LES MILLS classes come to their club at least two times more each week than others and 94% are likely to refer a friend.
For more information visit:
or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org