The quick and easy
The key to becoming a successful snacker is preparation. But that doesn’t have to mean hours of meal prep and endless stacks of Tupperware. Here are a few quick and easy options to throw in your gym bag or desk draw to hand on hand when hunger strikes:
- Seeds and nuts (walnuts, almonds, pistachios, cashews, macadamias)
- Nut butters – when buying look for 100% nuts or you can make your own.
- Hardboiled eggs
- Smoked salmon
- Cold, sliced meat
- Fresh and dried fruit (berries are a good choice)
- Veggies (celery, cucumbers, peppers, cherry tomatoes, etc)
- Sauerkraut - great for gut health
- Dried seaweed
- Quality dark chocolate – in moderation
For all dairy eaters out there:
- High quality cheese
- Full-fat yogurt
Snacks that require preparation
If you have a little more time on your hands, here are some more substantial snacks you can prepare the day before:
- Leftovers (cold bacon, chicken drumstick, steak and just about anything else from the night before)
- Les Mills Protein shake. Check out our current favorite here.
- Primal nut mix
- Primal energy bar
If you want more health and fitness inspiration simply sign up to Fit Planet and get the freshest insights and advice straight to your inbox.