Everything you need to know about our world-leading Instructor training program.
Are you ready to inspire and motivate people to change their lives? Whether you’ve been teaching for years, or you're just starting your journey, we’ll give you everything you need for a successful career as a Les Mills Instructor.
Become an instructor. Find your greatness and change lives through fitness
Initial Training Overview
Your Les Mills Instructor journey starts with 2 days of fun, challenge, growth and support.
- Earn the world’s leading Instructor certification and join 140,000+ other Instructors around the world
- Included: 2-day weekend training course (online training available), pre-course learning materials, assessment + 2 further days of Advanced Training
- Grow your coaching skills and self confidence
- User-friendly training materials, including music and choreography
- Intimate and inspiring class experience with world class Trainers from the comfort of your own home
- Choose from 20 programmes to suit you
- Be in demand in 19,000 gyms worldwide once certified
- Cost: £380 (Earlybird) - £425 (Standard)
Your Journey to certification
Sign up for training
Your first step is to book onto an initial training course at a time and place that suits you.
Get ready for two days of intense, inspirational learning with your new Team.
Submit your video
After passing initial training your final step is to submit an assessment video.
Think you have what it takes to become a Les Mills instructor? Fantastic! We're always looking for motivated people ready to make a difference to people's lives.
Take the next step by signing up here. We'll send you everything you need to know to get started. It's going to be an amazing journey!
The form contains errors
WHY LES MILLS?
We focus on creating the world’s best training programmes and developing the world’s best Instructors to teach them. Founded by a four-time Olympian, we have 50 years of experience and success behind us.
As a Les Mills Instructor, we support you with research and education, new workouts and music every three months. You get to share great music and cutting-edge science that helps people fall in love with fitness - and change lives. You will teach effective, proven workouts that create positive change for your members, in every single class.
You also become part of our team of 140,000 certified Instructors in 100 countries around the world who bring our workouts to life every day, inspiring millions of people to get moving every week.
We are continually evolving and innovating, as we shape the future of fitness. Why not be part of that future with us? Get started.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT TRAINING
Our Initial Module Training is an intensive and rewarding 2-day course that equips you with all the knowledge you need to be a successful Les Mills Instructor, teaching your chosen programme safely and effectively.
It’s energetic and a whole lot of fun. You will grow in confidence, make new friends, and be inspired to be the best version of yourself possible.
Designed to fit all kinds of learning styles, our Trainers are welcoming and focused on you, ensuring you get the most out of your time. The course includes lectures, group discussions, practical workout sessions and teaching practice.
Topics we cover include:
- Class structure and purpose, reasons for exercise sequencing, and class benefits
- Choreography: How to interpret, understand and learn choreography
- Technique: Perfect and demonstrate great quality in movement
- Coaching: Lead your class through the workout successfully
- Connection: Create amazing connection with the people in your classes
- Performance: Create an unmissable experience for your participants, every time!
You do not need any prior fitness qualification to undertake Les Mills training. Please note, some clubs in the UK might require a general group exercise certificate to teach, please refer to your prospective employer directly for their policy.