Want a fun and enjoyable holiday but don’t like the idea of falling off the fitness wagon? Follow these helpful tips from Les Mills’ Glen and Sarah Ostergaard and you’ll be set for success.
GLEN & SARAH’S FIVE TOP TIPS FOR A HEALTHY HOLIDAY
- Stay active. It’s ok to give your regular exercise routine a rest over the holiday break but make a point of getting moving in other ways – walking, bike riding and swimming are all great options. By doing something that is different from your weekly schedule you are more likely to feel fresh and revitalized when you get back into the regular swing of things.
- Everything in moderation – particularly alcohol and food. It’s ok to have your treats and indulge in the odd dessert or chocolate, after all you want to enjoy your holiday break and relax a little. But don’t over indulge!
- Enjoy your holiday. Have family time, time to yourself and REST! Make the most of your time off so that you can recharge your body.
- Plan ahead. Set your goals for the year and schedule in some classes or training for after the holidays. Whatever you do, make your goals realistic and achievable.
- Lock in a start date. Plan exactly when you’re going to start back with your exercise routine for the year – and stick to it!
Glen and Sarah Ostergaard are the husband and wife duo who, as Program Directors, are at the heart of one of Les Mills most popular programs, RPM™. Glen is also the BODYPUMP™ Program Director and involved in the choreography development for LES MILLS GRIT™. On top of dedicating their time to choreography creation, presentation and program development for these LES MILLS™ favorites Glen and Sarah are also devoted parents (to their two year old daughter) who love to get out and about and get active outside the gym.