The changes we’re making include fine-tuning some programs, increased training and support in your region, and technological enhancements for the app and portal. Here’s the detail:
- Instructor Newsletter
First of all – you’re reading it. Tribe Talk was launched to help you guys connect with each other, deliver research and educational information specific to your work, as well as social media resources, and alert you to changes, updates and business initiatives.
- Programs & Tracklists
We’re constantly evolving the programs based on your requests and suggestions and will continue to do so. Recent updates include reassessing some tracks within various programs based on your feedback, for example in BODYPUMP, most of the tracks are now lyrical. For CXWORX, your feedback has been around the increasing intensity, so we’re pulling this back slightly. We’ve also looked at the structure of LES MILLS GRIT so it’s easier to learn and teach. For a list of updates published last month click here.
- Choreography Notes
Choreography notes have been improved based on your feedback. You’ll have already started to see changes to these in your latest releases. This includes the blocks now being clearly defined and easily visible, giving a high level overview of each track. The timecode, lyrics, music, move/exercise, counts and reps are also now all on one line. We will update previous releases with this format, too, and the notes will continue to evolve based on your ongoing input. If you haven’t filled out the survey there is a link within your latest notes.
- Tribe Coaches
Tribe Coaches are now in place in many markets, including in the UK and Germany. They are experienced Instructors who are there to offer advice and support for new Instructors on their journey to certification, as well helping all Instructors to upskill, develop and progress through to AIM 1 and 2.
- Group Fitness Management Training Focus
In the Group Fitness Management training we offer to clubs around the world, we’ve always said a single great Instructor will attract and retain hundreds of members to a club over time – and that attracting and retaining you is therefore one of the most important things a club manager has to do. This is a message we will continue to reinforce, and this will receive even greater focus in a major revision of GFM training that is underway this year.
- Social Media:
- A closed US Instructor Facebook Group was created to give you across the country a way to connect with each other and have your questions answered quickly. If you haven’t joined the Facebook Group yet, please do so here. We hope you’ve also had a chance to view the new Facebook Live sessions, where you can hear real-time updates on what’s happening in the Instructor space, and have your questions answered directly from Les Mills US and the TAP team. Stay tuned for more Facebook Live Sessions coming soon!
- Events: There will be two Les Mills LIVE events in 2018, conveniently located on each coast to give more Instructors the opportunity to connect with Program Directors, International and National Presenters. We’ve taken your advice to lessen the quarterly workshop focus on masterclasses, and will relaunch these workshops to amp up education and connection to the Tribe.
- Education: We are currently working with AFFA, NASM, and ACE to see if they will offer CEC’s to instructors for the quarterly autoships you receive – more to come soon!
- Benefits: You have even more exclusive offers available for being an active certified Les Mills Instructor with special promotions with AFAA and NASM.
- Pricing: Training pricing has been revamped, providing you with 20 percent off additional Initial Modules they attend. We also offer early bird pricing on all training types.
- Regional Training Coordinators We have introduced Regional Training Consultants who will work on your behalf to support education, regional connection, Instructor satisfaction and recruitment.
- Instructor Experience
Significant investment is being made to improve the Instructor experience, including:
- Making the Instructor Portal mobile friendly with updated video submission functions; an event search update went live in February, which will be followed by an event booking update in the next quarter, and we have many further improvements planned for the coming year.
- There have been significant updates to the Releases app for both the Android and iOS versions over the last couple of months. These changes address key pieces of your feedback, such as the ability to use subtitles or the ability to turn off presenter voices on downloaded content. We’re also constantly increasing the stability and speed of the app. For more detail click here. We’re looking at future enhancements and yes, the ability to set up your playlists is on that list!
- We’re working on updates to AIM that will improve its focus on your journey and success as an Instructor, and also broaden the available learning formats to suit your needs. Stay tuned, we’ll keep you posted on developments as they occur.
Obviously there will always be more to do, and you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas any time. We’re looking at new and easier ways for you to talk to us in real time, so stay tuned for more news in the near future.
Thanks so much for all your responses, ideas and suggestions. Your advice is so important that we’re moving the survey to a three-monthly cycle from April (don’t worry, though, each of you will only receive it once a year).
Please continue to stay in touch.
Love from Jackie and Diana