Create a green smoothie by blending together:
- 2 cups kale
- Goji berries
- Lucuma powder
- Protein powder (I use Clean Lean Protein)
- Maca powder
- Raw cacao (not Cocoa)
- Frozen blueberries
- Kombucha (limit to what your baby tolerates)
- Ground chia seeds
- Top the smoothie up with water, and blend to desired consistency.
- Salmon and a leafy green salad is the best lunch option.
- Alternatively, make yourself an organic chicken salad, using mainly dark leafy greens.
- Another option is three eggs (if not boiled, cooked in coconut oil) and served with leafy greens and Crudité.
- Choose between organic chicken, fish or red meat served with a rainbow of vegetables (aim to have red meat at least twice a week).
Serve each meal with a big bowl of salad with extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar (or an organic whole grain mustard, garlic, onion and herbs dressing). You can also include kimchi, sauerkraut or kefir.
Worried you’ll get sick of the same old meals? Check out my favorite recipes here.
- An egg is the perfect snack choice
- A mini super shake – a smaller version of the delicious smoothie above
- Walnut butter on slices of apple
- Those linseed/flaxseed crackers I’ve already told you about
- Paleo toast is great because it won’t give you such a carb slump after you eat it – any topping is good here, especially avocado!
- Protein balls
B vitamin mix
Vitamin C 4g (limit to what your baby tolerates)
Green tea (limit to what your baby tolerates)
Spice mix tea – cinnamon, root ginger, star anise and raw honey
If you want more health and fitness inspiration simply sign up to Fit Planet and get the freshest insights and advice straight to your inbox.
Diana Archer Mills has a love of health and fitness running through her blood. She was just 12 when she started working in the gym owned by her parents (Phillip and Jackie Mills). Now, as Les Mills Creative Director she is behind the music and moves that feature in some of your favorite workouts. But that’s certainly not Diana’s most important role. Diana is a mom of four – so it’s fair to say she knows a fair bit about pregnancy, parenting and how to juggle a busy young family with a passion for health and fitness.